STATUTE OF THE “FUNDACJA JESTEM ZA” CHARITY
- The Foundation under the name “FUNDACJA JESTEM ZA” Charity, hereinafter referred to as the “Charity”, operates on the basis of the provisions of generally applicable law, including the Act of 6 April 1984 on foundations (Dz. U. 2020, item 2167, as amended) and on the basis of this Statute.
- The founder of the Foundation is Katarzyna Gnich, hereinafter referred to as the “Founder“.
- The Foundation shall have legal personality.
The seat of the Charity is in Warsaw.
The Foundation was established for an indefinite period.
- The area of the Foundation’s activity is the area of the Republic of Poland.
- For the proper implementation of social and economic goals, the Foundation may conduct activities throughout the country, as well as outside the Republic of Poland.
- The implementation of the statutory tasks of the Foundation may be carried out in cooperation with other entities, including in particular through the support of other organizations by the Charity.
- The Foundation may establish branches, subsidiaries, as well as join companies, foundations, and other entities on the terms set out in these statutes.
- The Foundation uses a seal with the name and seat of the Charity.
- The name of the Foundation is “FUNDACJA JESTEM ZA” Charity. The Charity may use a distinctive graphic sign.
- The Foundation may use the abbreviation of the name.
OBJECTIVES AND PRINCIPLES OF THE FOUNDATION
The objectives of the Foundation are:
- providing any assistance to people affected by the effects of humanitarian crises, civil wars, natural disasters or other situations threatening their lives or prosperity both in the Republic of Poland and abroad,
- providing humanitarian aid,
- activities for the integration of foreigners;
- counteracting discrimination against foreigners in the Republic of Poland;
- integration and facilitation of contacts between foreigners and the Polish community,
- development of mutual contacts between communities working for immigrants in the Republic of Poland;
- assistance to victims of disasters, natural disasters, armed conflicts and wars at home and abroad;
- promoting the professional and social integration and reintegration of people at risk of social exclusion;
- promotion of employment and professional activation of people who are unemployed and at risk of dismissal;
- providing legal aid,
- helping abandoned and harmed animals,
- providing assistance to institutions providing help to homeless animals,
- supporting all activities in the field of combating animal homelessness.
The Foundation pursues its objectives through the following activities:
- purchase of food, hygiene products and other articles to meet the needs of everyday life,
- financial and in-kind assistance,
- organizing and running educational and educational institutions,
- organizing and financing sports, recreational and cultural events,
- conducting training and information campaigns,
- funding scholarships,
- organizing and financing camps and trips for children and young people,
- financing and implementation of investments consisting in particular in the construction, renovation or modernization of social welfare facilities.
- conducting charity and aid campaigns, especially in the situation of natural disasters and poverty,
- providing material support to people in a difficult situation,
- counselling, job placement,
- legal consultations,
- conducting public collections,
- fundraising for the statutory activities of the Foundation,
- cooperation with foreign partners,
- running consultation points for migrants, where advice and legal and integration support are provided,
- adoption activities for homeless animals,
- support for institutions dealing with the treatment of animals.
The statutory activity of the Foundation may be conducted as a free activity or as a paid activity within the meaning of the provisions of the Act on Public Benefit Activities. Both of these activities will be accounting-separated to the extent that revenues, costs and results can be determined taking into account account accounting accounting regulations.
- The Foundation may conduct business activity in Poland and abroad in the scope of achieving the statutory objectives.
- The Foundation does not operate in order to make a profit – the income it will use to achieve statutory objectives
- The Foundation’s assets are the founding fund in the amount of PLN 1,000 (in words: one thousand zlotys) and financial resources, property rights, real estate and movable property acquired by the Foundation during its operation.
- The implementation of the Objectives of the Foundation is financed from the Fund and from the income obtained by the Foundation, on the terms provided for in the Statute.
The Foundation is responsible for its liabilities with all its assets.
The Foundation’s income may come from:
- donations, inheritances, bequests,
- subsidies from third parties,
- income from public collections within the meaning of the Act on the principles of conducting public collections,
- income from movable and immovable property,
- business activity conducted by the Foundation.
Income from grants, donations, inheritances and bequests may be used to achieve all the objectives of the Foundation, unless the donors have decided otherwise.
In the case of appointment of the Foundation for inheritance, the Management Board of the Foundation submits a declaration of acceptance of the inheritance with the benefit of inventory only if, at the time of submitting this declaration, it is obvious that the active state of the inheritance significantly exceeds the debts of the inheritance.
IIIORGATIVES AND ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FOUNDATION
The bodies of the Foundation are the Founder and the Management Board.
- The Founder appoints and dismisses members of the Foundation’s Management Board.
- The Founder makes changes to the Statute of the Foundation.
- The Founder makes a decision regarding the merger and liquidation of the Foundation.
- The Management Board of the Foundation is appointed and dismissed by the Founder. The Management Board of the Foundation consists of 1 to 5 people, and is appointed for a period of 5 years from the date of appointment. Members of the Foundation’s Management Board may perform their function for more than one term.
- The Founder and other persons may be appointed to the Management Board.
- Members of the Management Board of the Foundation may have an employment relationship with the Foundation. The remuneration of the members of the Foundation shall be determined by the Founder.
- Membership in the Management Board of the Foundation ceases upon the dismissal or death of a member of the Management Board of the Foundation or upon the expiry of the term of office of a member of the Management Board of the Foundation.
- In the case of a one-man Management Board, the only member of the Management Board is the President of the Management Board. In the case of a multi-person Management Board, the Founder shall indicate the President of the Management Board from among the Members of the Management Board. The President directs the work of the Management Board.
- Resolutions of the Management Board are adopted by a simple majority of votes, except that for the validity of these resolutions the presence of at least half of the composition of the Management Board is required.
- In the event of an equal number of votes cast for and against a given resolution, the vote of the President of the Management Board shall be decisive.
In the case of a multi-person Board, the President from the Foundation’s Management Board may appoint Vice-Presidents.
- The Management Board of the Foundation directs the Foundation’s activities and represents it externally.
- The competences of the Management Board of the Foundation include:
- managing the day-to-day activities of the Foundation and achieving its objectives;
- preparing annual and multi-annual work plans and presenting them to the Founder;
- preparing reports on the Foundation’s activities and presenting them to the Founder;
- managing the Foundation’s assets;
- accepting subsidies, donations, inheritances and bequests;
- determining the size of employment and the amount of funds for remuneration for the Foundation’s employees;
- managing the day-to-day activities of the Foundation, being responsible for the implementation of its statutory objectives;
- deciding on the Foundation’s accession to companies and foundations.
The President of the Management Board represents the foundation independently. In the case of a multi-person Board, the Foundation may be represented by each member of the Management Board independently.
- Meetings of the Foundation’s Management Board are held as needed, at least once every six months.
- Persons from outside the Foundation may be invited to participate in the meetings of the Foundation’s Management Board, including representatives of organizations whose activities coincide with the objectives of the Foundation.
- Participation of the persons referred to in paragraph 2 in the meetings of the Foundation’s Management Board is of an advisory nature.
- In order to effectively pursue its goals, the Foundation may merge with another foundation.
- A merger may not take place if the purpose of the Foundation could be significantly changed as a result of it.
- The decision on the merger is made by the Founder.
IVAMENDATIONS TO THE STATUTES
- Changes in the Statute of the Foundation, including changes in the objectives of the Foundation and the principles of operation of the Foundation, are made by the Founder.
- An amendment to the Statute of the Foundation requires a written form for its validity.
VDISSOLVATION AND LIQUIDATION OF THE FOUNDATION
- The Foundation shall be liquidated if the objectives for which it was established are achieved or if its resources and assets are exhausted.
- The decision to liquidate the Foundation is made by the Founder by way of a resolution.
- Liquidation is carried out by a liquidator appointed by the Founder.
- The assets remaining after the liquidation are allocated to the statutory purpose of the Foundation, in particular by transferring it to institutions whose activities correspond to this purpose of the Foundation.
- The Statute shall enter into force on the date of registration of the Foundation by the competent Registry Court.
- As the minister competent for the purposes of the Foundation, the Founder indicates the minister competent for social security.
- The Founder hereby appoints the first Management Board of the Foundation composed of: Katarzyna Gnich (PESEL: 90031712540) – President of the Management Board.